Happy Holidays ABGR Members and Friends,
I hope the end of the year is bringing you cheer and great opportunities to grow American business in the Kingdom in 2020. For those who are traveling, may you have safe and uneventful journeys. For those who are remaining to enjoy the best weather of the year, I’ll be here as well and happy to continue the planning for the new season.
Looking back, we had a memorable and educational fall with ample opportunities to network and develop opportunities within the American business community and with our Saudi partners. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Sep 18 – Speed Networking at Al Nakhla
- Sep 25 – Celebrating Tom Merkel at California compound
- Sep 30 – Meet your Embassy at Marriott DQ
- Oct 07 – ExxonMobil – Outlook for Energy Breakfast at Hyatt Regency
- Oct 21 – Luncheon with Ambassador Abizaid at Marriott DQ
- Oct 28 – ACME Committee – Future of Cinema & Entertainment in KAFD at Marriott DQ
- Nov 13 – Social Live Music Night at Ishbilia
- Nov 19 – Nutanix Presentation at Fairmont
- Nov 15 – ACME Committee – Developing KSA Talent at Marriott DQ
- Nov 22 – The Tom Merkel Ryder Cup at Riyadh Greens and British Embassy
- Dec 09 – PWC – US Expat Tax Seminar at Marriott DQ
This doesn’t capture all of the great committee meetings that our Defense and Security, Policy and Issues, and Infrastructure chairs arranged. I am grateful for their efforts to bring value to the members. In particular, I want to thank John Rinard for his leadership of the Infrastructure Committee and his service on the board. He’s repatriating sooner than expected and we’ll miss his strong contributions. In January, we’ll announce the new board members and identify John’s replacement.
As the ABGR Board looks at the new year, we are going to work to improve our web-based services to you and also better announce our role as the official American Chamber of Commerce in Saudi Arabia. We also look forward to new processes at our events to make registrations easier.
Thanks always for your continued support, and please feel welcome to offer your suggestions for enhancing the organization at any time. We’re working on your behalf.
Best wishes and we’ll see you in the New Year.
Share this Post